We’re expanding our current Board of Directors and are seeking a diverse array of leaders to apply! This is an opportune moment to join the organization as we seek to build on 20+ years of transformative community work and adapt to the dynamic and fluid changes facing communities as a result of the global pandemic.
Keep Philadelphia Beautiful (KPB) is the area’s local affiliate of Keep America Beautiful. We partner with the City of Philadelphia, the School District of Philadelphia, and various community and neighborhood organizations to carry out our mission of empowering citizens to create a more beautiful Philadelphia.
Board Member Responsibilities and Qualifications
The Board will support the work of KPB and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by KPB’s Executive Director (ED), the Board-ED relationship is a partnership, and collaboration between the Board and the overall organization is critical and expected.
Some specific Board Member responsibilities include:
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the organization as it enters into the first years of a new strategic plan and measuring its performance and effectiveness,
- Approving org’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities,
- Serving on committees or task forces and otherwise serving the ED in the implementation of strategic goals,
- Representing KPB to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization, and
- Ensuring KPB’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities KPB serves.
Where to Learn More and Apply
The ideal board candidate will be able to commit time each month to the organization (including board meeting and committee meeting time) and possesses a passion for a green, thriving, and civically-engaged City.
You can find the full board member role description on our Work With Us page and here. To apply after viewing the listing, please send a cover letter and resume to KPB’s Board of Directors at email@example.com. Applications should be submitted by Earth Day on Thursday, April 22, 2021.
KPB does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability or any other legally protected class.